Golden Boy Tournament: Team Registration
FEBRUARY 16 - 20, 2017
TOURNAMENT & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
(SCROLL DOWN TO REACH THE REGISTRATION FORM)
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING BELOW:
Rules and Regulations:
- It is the responsibility of the Team to know and understand the Rules and Regulations of the Tournament. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Click here for the 2017 Golden Boy Tournament Rules and Regulations
- All registrations will be completed here on first-come/first-serve basis.
- The tournament entry fee is $550 for 1/4 field teams and $750 for 1/2 field teams. Registration is not considered complete until payment is received by WYSA.
- All divisions will be capped at 8 teams or 150 total teams. Each team will be guaranteed at least 3 games.
- All matches will be played at the following indoor facilities: U of W RecPlex, WSF Subway Soccer South and the new WSF North Facility.
- Registration closes on January 15, 2017 or when capacity has been reached – whichever comes first.
- This tournament is open to all Provincial / State sanctioned teams recreational and competitive. All out of province teams are required to submit their team travel sanctioning as per their Provincial / State Association. All Manitoba teams must be affiliated with the Manitoba Soccer Association.
- The Tournament schedule will be posted no later than Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - email notification will be sent to all teams once the schedule is posted.
- We will make every attempt possible to have divisions with out of town teams will play their Final earlier in the day on Monday, February 20 to accommodate the traveling teams.
- Weekday matches will be played between 6 PM - 10 PM
- Weekend matches will be played between 8 AM - 10 PM.
- All out of town teams must be prepared to play on Friday, February 17, 2016 at 6 PM.
- Divisions with out of town teams may require teams (in that division) to play 2 matches in one day.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to combine age divisions to balance out the divisions.
- Once you've registered and paid, you can click the REGISTERED TEAMS tab above to see the other teams registered in your division. Your team will not be posted in the REGISTERED TEAMS tab until payment is received.
- No refunds will be provided after registration has closed.
Team Eligibility (Divisions):
- Boys and Girls Recreational teams 9 -18 years old
- Boys and Girls Developmental teams 9 - 12 years old
- Boys and Girls Premier 1 & 2 teams 13 -18 years old
- All teams must register in a division that is comparable or higher than the competitive level of their League play.
- All teams participating from outside of Manitoba will be required to provide a permission to travel/participate application from their Provincial/State Association.
- WYSA reserves the right to combine age groups to form balanced divisions.
- All roster sizes must be in accordance with 2017 WYSA League Rules which are:
- U9 & U10 Developmental = 6v6 play on a ¼ size pitch, with a maximum roster of 12
- U9 – U12 Recreational = 7v7 play on a ¼ size pitch, with a maximum roster of 14
- U11 & U12 Developmental = 9v9 play on a ½ size pitch, with a maximum roster of 18
- U13 – U18 Recreational = 6v6 play on a ¼ size pitch, with a maximum roster of 18
- U13 – U18 Premier 1 & Premier 2 = 9v9 play on a ½ size pitch, with a maximum roster of 18
- U9: Born on or after January 1, 2007
- U10: Born on or after January 1, 2006
- U11: Born on or after January 1, 2005
- U12: Born on or after January 1, 2004
- U13: Born on or after January 1, 2003
- U14: Born on or after January 1, 2002
- U15: Born on or after January 1, 2001
- U16: Born on or after January 1, 2000
- U17: Born on or after January 1, 1999
- U18: Born on or after January 1, 1998
- All teams will be guaranteed at least 3 round robin matches.
- Divisions will be capped at 8 teams
- Divisions of 8 will be split into 2 groups of 4. Each group will play a round robin in their group (3 matches). The top team in each division will advance to the Finals.
- Divisions of 6 will be split into 2 groups of 3. Each group will play a round robin in their group plus one cross-over match (3 matches). The top team in each division will advance to the Finals.
- Divisions of 4 will have 1 group. Each team will play the other 3 teams. The top 2 teams in the group after the Round Robin will advance to the Finals.
- Matches consist of 2x25 halves on the standard 1/4 field used during WYSA League play for U9-U18 recreational teams and U9 & U10 developmental teams. Matches consist of 2x25 halves on the standard 1/2 field used during WYSA League play for U10 & U11 developemental teams and U13-U18 premier teams.
- Only the Finals will be played to resolution unless otherwise determined by the ogranizing committee.
All out-of-town teams should be prepared to play games as early as 6:00PM on Friday, February 17th, 2017.
Agreement with the terms and conditions is necessary to register for the 2017 Golden Boy Tournament.
When registering, all teams agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Tournament. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of matches and/or the tournament fee.
No refunds will be provided once registration has closed.
All teams from outside of Winnipeg should be prepared to play as early as Friday, February 17, 2017 at 6 PM.
WYSA reserves the right to combine age divisions to balance out groupings.
Tournament Inquires -
Please contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org
WSF Subway South located at 211 Chancellor Matheson Road, Winnipeg, MB University of Manitoba Campus
Axworthy Health and RecPlex located at 350 Spence Street, Winnipeg, MB, University of Winnipeg Campus
WSF Soccer North located at 770 Leila Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Garden City Community Centre